Call Us at (800) 840-7858 for Your Free 15-Minute Initial Phone Consultation*

Our last Divorce blog post covered what Visitation is. Click the link right here to read that blog post. Today we will go over what Child Support is.

Child Support is the amount of money determined to be needed to support the needs of the child or children of the marriage. It is a bit more complicated than that, as can be the math and method of reaching the Child Support numbers behind it. The main is that both parents will submit their income, and some information regarding themselves as well, and a pro rata amount will be computed for both (pro rata meaning maybe one owes 70% and the other 30% of total Child Support). Then one parent usually will pay the other Child Support on a scheduled basis.

As always, thank you for reading my blog. It is always appreciated. Please Subscribe below for future blogs and/or newsletters.

Please reach out if you need help with a Divorce case, including cases that will involve Visitation. We can be reached in a number of ways: (1) Call us at (800) 840-7858, (2) Email us at:, (3) Click on Contact Us in the menu above, or (4) Use the Contact Menu to the direct right of this blog.

Sean Oster, Esq., M.B.A.

Call Us at (800) 840-7858 for Your Free 15-Minute Initial Phone Consultation*

Contact Us

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational purposes only. Nothing on this website, or emails, or other communications should be taken or construed as legal advice for any individual case, situation, or any subject manner. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute or create, an attorney-client relationship. Contacting Mr. Oster solely via phone, contact form and/or email, does not by itself constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Use of our online form does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. In order for you to form an attorney-client relationship with our Law Office both sides would have to sign and execute a Retainer Agreement.

* The free 15-minute initial phone consultation is for the attorney to determine if he can take your case and to provide you with a cost of their attorney’s fees. The lawyer will not advise you of what you can do in your case without a contract. The attorney does not represent you until we sign a contract with you.

ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. Prior Results do not guarantee a similar outcome.